Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amardi

How do i report income from uber, I have $450 worth. Does it count as self employment because it has expenses?

Do I need to add a schedule
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do i report income from uber, I have $450 worth. Does it count as self employment because it has expenses?

Is your Uber income reported on a T4A slip?  If so, then you will complete the self employment portion of the tax return.  you are able to deduct expenses such as your vehicle expenses. 

If Uber does not issue a T4A slip, you will record this as "Other Employment Expenses." 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Is your Uber income reported on a T4A slip?  If so, then you will complete the self employment portion of the tax return.  you are able to deduct expenses such as your vehicle expenses. 

If Uber does not issue a T4A slip, you will record this as "Other Employment Expenses." 

amardi

Uber does not provide T4 or T4A slips just a summary print out

Actually you can report the $450 as self employment income...if no T4 was issued, and the amount was low, you COULD claim it as casual labour, or other employment income.
amardi

ok so basically i could claim it any which way I please?

self employment or casual labour...but NOT employment income (T4)