Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vantershe
Returning Member

How do i split the expenses claimed on home office with my daughter who lives upstairs as co-owner?

we are both self employed and claim home offices. on our T2125 do I include the full amounts for Insurance,mortgage interest,maintenance,etc for each of us? or do I divide the amounts in half and use that? obviously heat and electricity will be different amounts but we split the other costs 50/50

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do i split the expenses claimed on home office with my daughter who lives upstairs as co-owner?

Then you each fill in your own T2125, while splitting the amounts respectively between the two of you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Do you both share the same office or are separate within the home?
vantershe
Returning Member

No,it's a duplex with separate addresses.we each have our own offices in our own house but generally split the building expenses.so in totals for house expenses do I use half and half or the total spent on our taxes?
vantershe
Returning Member

thanks.

You're most welcome. Have a good day.

Then you each fill in your own T2125, while splitting the amounts respectively between the two of you.