Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryarly

How should I answer this question if I'm self-employed and have work in several provinces? "Only enter a province or territory if you had a permanent business set up there."

In 2016 I ran nature programs for children in Quebec and Ontario, but my home office is in Quebec. I do some work at my home office, but much of my work is out of the office in natural spaces in Ontario and Quebec.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How should I answer this question if I'm self-employed and have work in several provinces? "Only enter a province or territory if you had a permanent business set up there."

You enter in Quebec as your permanent home office. Doesn't matter how much time you spend there. They want to know where it is, not how long you spend. Right? So Quebec would be your answer.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You enter in Quebec as your permanent home office. Doesn't matter how much time you spend there. They want to know where it is, not how long you spend. Right? So Quebec would be your answer.