Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a self employed housekeeper and I am wondering where I input the cleaning products I purchase for deductions?

1 Reply

I am a self employed housekeeper and I am wondering where I input the cleaning products I purchase for deductions?

You can claim under "Other supplies". 

Step 1) Go to 

Find and type: Self-Employment and Go

Step 2) Answer the question: do you have self-employed income and/or expenses to report? Type Yes and click Continue

Step 3) In your Self-employment or Business Summary click to edit or enter a new Business and click Continue

Step 4) Insert the information on the page: tell us about your self-employment work or business.

Step 5) Insert the information about your business on the page that has the title "What's your business address"

Step 6) Choose an Industry Code for your type of work and continue

Step 7) Answer the question: Did you make a year-end adjustment?

Step 

Answer the question: did any of these apply to your work or business? And click Continue

Step 9) Enter the information about you business income and click Continue and answer the questions that apply to your situation until the page: let's look at your work expenses and click Continue

Step 10) Answer the question: did you pay for advertising?

did you pay for meals or entertainment? Click Continue

did you pay any wages or salaries to anyone?Click Continue

did you pay for work or business-related travel?Click Continue

did you have any doubtful accounts?Click Continue

did you pay for any licenses, taxes, or shipping?Click Continue

did you pay for commercial insurance or fuel?Click Continue

did you pay any interest or for maintenance?Click Continue

did you pay for office supplies? You will insert your expenses in this question.

It’s important to keep track of all of your business expense purchases by saving the receipts to ensure the maximum deduction.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.