Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stanpam

I don't understand the instructions for entering "other income" on box 26 on t3.

The description reads: Do not check the box on the T3 unless the description below from CRA applies to you. If this does not apply to me why is there an amount in that box.  Furthermore, I have entered it every year.

The purpose of this publication is to provide information regarding the application of Section 143 of the Income Tax Act - Communal Organizations. Generally, a communal organization has members that live and work together; operates a business for the purpose of supporting its members; and its members do not own property in their own right as a matter of religious conviction
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I don't understand the instructions for entering "other income" on box 26 on t3.

The income in Box 26 must be reported the question on Communal Organization applies to a very specific group of individuals. You would know if this pertains to your situation.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The income in Box 26 must be reported the question on Communal Organization applies to a very specific group of individuals. You would know if this pertains to your situation.