Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a t5 to enter. My husband does not. TurboTax is telling me I have entered t5 slip info and the box must stay checked.

unless the amounts are deleted.
3 Replies

I have a t5 to enter. My husband does not. TurboTax is telling me I have entered t5 slip info and the box must stay checked.

If the investment reported on your T5 is a joint investment with your spouse or common-law partner, enter your percentage of the investment in the first box. If the shares are 50% each (50-50) then enter 50% in the firts box, and do not enter a percentage in the second spouse's slip.

For each box that applies to you, enter the full amount from your T5 slip; only your portion is transfered to your return. If you are preparing a coupled return, your spouse's portion is transferred his or her return.

Note: Although this amount does not appear in your spouse's T5 entry window, do not re-enter it there. It has been included on his or her Schedule 4 - Statement of Investment income.
https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1189813-where-can-i-find-tax-information-about-capita...
https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1190196-t5-statement-of-investment-income

I have the same issue.  This has nothing to do with joint T5 - I am the sole owner of account with investment income but it will not let me get past the Income Slips page unless I check the T5 for my spouse (who has no T5).  I visited this page some time after entering in my own T5.  This appears like a bug to me.

The workaround: delete my T5, save, go to Income Slips and unselect both names, Save, go to Income Slips once more and start fresh for only 1 spouse (myself in this case) and select T5 and enter again.  This is a bug.