Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have income on a T5 box 17, and have entered the amount, but it does not show up as an amount on my income. Why?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have income on a T5 box 17, and have entered the amount, but it does not show up as an amount on my income. Why?

You can refer to the screenshots as to how to enter the information in TurboTax.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

There are two entries for box 17 of a T5.  One is for royalties from an invention and the other is for all other types of royalties.  Which place did you enter the information from your T5?

The royalties went in box 17 - royalties from a work or invention.

You can refer to the screenshots as to how to enter the information in TurboTax.

I know where to enter the information.  I did that.  Why does the amount not show up in my income summary?

As it is considered employment income, make sure it's not included in that amount.  You may also wish to check the Detailed Tax Summary, and see if it shows up at line 104.  If you still don't see it then:

Please call us by clicking the following link to the Contact Us page. Then complete the required information. A phone number will appear, along with your incident ID. Call the number. This will ensure that an appropriate agent is assigned to your query:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/
We look forward to hearing from you.