Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I use My vehicle for courier deliveries. Vehicle expenses, commercial insurance, repairs etc. can they be claimed. If so how and which pkg should I get to do this prope

1 Reply

I use My vehicle for courier deliveries. Vehicle expenses, commercial insurance, repairs etc. can they be claimed. If so how and which pkg should I get to do this prope

You are considered self-employed, and you can deduct the business-related expenses associated with your work.

If you use it exclusively for your business, you can deduct all of the expenses related to that vehicle.

Vehicle-related business expenses you can claim on your tax return include:

• gas
  • insurance
  • repair costs
  • parking fees

If you use your vehicle for both business and personal use, you can deduct a percentage of those costs based on how often you use your car for business. For example, if you drive your vehicle 25,000 kilometers in a tax year and 5,000 of those kilometers are for business purposes, you can deduct 20% of your vehicle expenses from your self-employment income.

You can check a step by step on how to proceed: How do I claim vehicle expenses if I'm self-employed? 

For more information, visit Tax Deductions for the Self-Employed 

Thank for choosing TurboTax.