Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I work for an agency as a home care nurse, they pay for our mileage. Can I still claim for other vehicle expenses such business insurance and parking? No T220 form was provided.

When I called for advice, I was told to enter it at the small business motor vehicle expenses. I was trying to enter it but before you get to that part it asks for the amount you earned from the business, I only have the T4 from my employer. How to I go about with this? Thanks
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I work for an agency as a home care nurse, they pay for our mileage. Can I still claim for other vehicle expenses such business insurance and parking? No T220 form was provided.

As you are employed and do not receive a t2200 (Declaration of Conditions of Employment) from your employer, you are not able to claim any expenses at all.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

As you are employed and do not receive a t2200 (Declaration of Conditions of Employment) from your employer, you are not able to claim any expenses at all.

Unless, when you mentioned your T4, perhaps you meant to say T4A?

Without the T2200 the employee is not able to claim expenses.  No matter the rant.