Thank you for choosing TurboTax,
No, you are not eligible to claim your moving expenses back to Sweden as you do not meet the CRA residency requirements. If you are not a deemed or factual resident of Canada, you cannot claim moving expenses.
As per CRA, you can claim the deduction for moving expenses, if you meet the following conditions.
- you are an employee or a self-employed individual who moved from outside Canada to a new work location in Canada, from Canada to a new work location outside Canada, or between two locations outside Canada
- you are a deemed or factual resident of Canada, and the move was from one place where you ordinarily resided to live in another place where you will ordinarily reside
- you moved during the year and established a new home to start a new job or a business
- you earned employment income or self-employed income at your new location
- the new home that you established is at least 40 kilometers closer to the new place of work or business than your previous home was.
Please visit the article on Can you claim moving expenses? to see your eligibility to claim moving expenses.