Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a T2200 signed by my employer. I would like to claim my landline telephone costs as a Home Office Expense. Where do I put that in the software?

My home office space is 6% of my home.  I should be able to deduct 6% of my landline telphone expense.  

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a T2200 signed by my employer. I would like to claim my landline telephone costs as a Home Office Expense. Where do I put that in the software?

Employment Expenses. Btw the Standard version will do this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employment Expenses. Btw the Standard version will do this.

It should be inputted as a "Work-Space-in-the-Home Expense" - but there's no field for this amount.  Should I just enter it as a "Electricity, heat, and water" expense?
fuzzy

According to Canada Revenue, you cannot deduct the monthly basic rate for a telephone.  However, you can deduct expenses you paid for long-distance telephone calls, as long as you paid them to earn employment income.  For further info, please see http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/ddctns/lns206-236/229/slry/sppls-eng.htm...