Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveeh13

No Info in field 14 but in field 81, receiving an error at the end. Entering in info I was provided.

On my one of my T4 slips, I do not have an Employment income on field 14, but I do have "Other Information" in field 81. When entering the data provided, I get an error at the end, and cannot go any further. It also doesn't show any Income on the page after the T4 slips.

"You have reported self employment income on your T4 slip, box 81 from a placement agency. You must also complete a self employment statement."

I wasn't self employed, but I was employed through an agency, so I am unsure what to do here.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

No Info in field 14 but in field 81, receiving an error at the end. Entering in info I was provided.

Sometimes, temporary help companies place employment income in box 81 for employees.
If you are not self-employed, not employed on the books of the client company where you worked, then by logical extension you were employed by the help company.
CRA says that the income should then be in box 14, so enter it there.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Sometimes, temporary help companies place employment income in box 81 for employees.
If you are not self-employed, not employed on the books of the client company where you worked, then by logical extension you were employed by the help company.
CRA says that the income should then be in box 14, so enter it there.