Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now that the fitness and art credit has been cancelled in Ontario, is there somewhere else can I claim my kids sports and dance expenses?

Can I claim my kids sports ands dance expenses under something else for my 2017 return now the fitness and art credit has been cancelled? 

5 Replies

Now that the fitness and art credit has been cancelled in Ontario, is there somewhere else can I claim my kids sports and dance expenses?

The fitness and art credits have also been eliminated by the federal government for 2017 so there is nowhere you can claim them.

I called in with this question and the agent said he will have a supervisor call as he did not know the answer. I live in BC and I use the Free Online version of the software. It allows me to input these amounts and the message states that even though the credit was eliminated, if we can input the data it means that our province still allows the credits. Kindly provide clarification. Thank you!

I called in with this question and the agent said he will have a supervisor call as he did not know the answer. I live in BC and I use the Free Online version of the software. It allows me to input these amounts and the message states that even though the credit was eliminated, if we can input the data it means that our province still allows the credits. Kindly provide clarification. Thank you!

My apologies olgutatamba, there are indeed some provinces that still allow the credit.  I should have asked which province you were in.  BC does still have the fitness and art credit.