Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfs1
Level 2

How do I delete employment expenses? (They should have gone under self-employment, but I can't get them out of employment now.)

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
mfs1
Level 2

How do I delete employment expenses? (They should have gone under self-employment, but I can't get them out of employment now.)

Turns out (after conversation with two TurboTax experts) that it was a 2018 GST credit that got downloaded with all the CRA forms.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Anything you have entered under "Employment Expenses" will be listed under that tab which is located in the "Income" tab. You will be able to delete the information.  Then proceed to the "Self-Employment" (also in the Income tab) and apply your expenses there.

mfs1
Level 2

Thanks. That's what I thought I had done, but it still shows $4 in income. I think it might be car expenses since it still shows the UCC at the beginning of the year (when I recheck the boxes). If I delete the UCC, the program objects, insisting that there has to be an amount there.

mfs1
Level 2

Turns out (after conversation with two TurboTax experts) that it was a 2018 GST credit that got downloaded with all the CRA forms.