Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Work from Home expense line 22900 is not the same as my T777 form calculated. How do I manually fix it?

1 Reply

The Work from Home expense line 22900 is not the same as my T777 form calculated. How do I manually fix it?

According to TurboTax, "The federal government continues to support working Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic. For the tax year 2021, the CRA has increased the claim amount for the work-from-home tax credit to $500 with the flat rate method, which allows Canadians working from home due to COVID-19 to deduct home office expenses on their taxes".

Below are steps to enter work from home expenses manually: -

• First of all, Click on the "Find" (Magnifying Glass) option on your tax file in TurboTax Online
  • Type "Work", and click on "GO"
  • Select "YES", and on the next page select "T2200S - Declaration of Conditions of Employment for Working at Home Due to COVID-19"
  • Then, answer a few questions at the bottom, and click "Continue"
  • On the next page, a select the method for expense calculation purposes (The flat rate method is preferred by most the people)
  • Eventually, click on "Continue" to save all details entered.

For more information on work from home expenses due to covid-19 visit this page of the Canada Revenue Agency: - Home office expenses for employees

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.