Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo tax shows my "net employment earnings" at a higher amount than the information I entered. How can I fix this?

I entered income from "occasional earnings", a T4E and T4A, but the amounts are less than what Turbo Tax has calculated my net employment earnings to be.
1 Reply

Turbo tax shows my "net employment earnings" at a higher amount than the information I entered. How can I fix this?

To verify the employment income you've input navigate to Review > Bottom Line (Tax Summaries) > Detailed Tax Summary and review line by line to ensure the amounts entered correspond to what you entered (and there were no accidental duplication or additional unintended entries). You may also want to review your deductions and credits to ensure that you have claimed all the eligible ones. If you have claimed deductions or credits that you are not eligible for, this could be causing your net employment earnings to appear higher than expected.

If you are still unable to determine the cause of the discrepancy, you can contact TurboTax customer support for assistance. They can help you review your return and identify any errors. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.