Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbotax automatically entered $500 for the Canada Training Credit Limit Amount but I selected that I do not have employment expenses?

I don't think it should have entered this unless this is the working from home CERB payment of up to $500, but I assume it is not.
1 Reply

Turbotax automatically entered $500 for the Canada Training Credit Limit Amount but I selected that I do not have employment expenses?

According to this page Canada training credit, the Canada training credit (CTC) is a refundable tax credit available to help Canadians with the cost of eligible training fees. You can claim the CTC for tuition and other fees paid for courses that you took in the year. You will automatically be eligible for Canada Training Credit if you meet all six of these requirements mentioned on this page of the Canada Revenue Agency Who can claim Canada Training Credit. To check what is the amount that you are eligible for visit this page of the Canada Revenue Agency How much you can get.

Here is the FAQ on Canada Training Credit: - What are Canada Training Credits, and how do I enter them into TurboTax?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.