Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What form(s) should my employer fill out for me if I work from home 100% of the time because my role is remote, and not because of Covid?

T2200 vs T2200s, and T777 vs T777s. Are there equivalent Quebec forms that I or my employer will need to fill out?
1 Reply

What form(s) should my employer fill out for me if I work from home 100% of the time because my role is remote, and not because of Covid?

Form T2200 is the Declaration of Conditions of Employment. This form is used to certify that you were required to work from home, and that you were not reimbursed for your home office expenses. Your employer will need to indicate the conditions of your employment, such as whether you were required to work from home, and the reason for this requirement.

Form T2200S is the Declaration of Conditions of Employment for Working at Home Due to COVID-19. This form is similar to the T2200, but it is specifically designed for employees who worked from home due to the pandemic. Your employer will need to indicate that you were required to work from home due to COVID-19, and that you were not reimbursed for your home office expenses.

Your employer has to fill out form according to your working arrangement.

Form T777 is the Statement of Employment Expenses. This form is used to claim expenses related to your employment that were not reimbursed by your employer, such as office supplies, phone expenses, and home office expenses. 

Form T777S is the Simplified Form for Home Office Expenses. This form is similar to the T777, but it is specifically designed for employees who worked from home due to the pandemic. It allows you to claim a flat rate of $2 for each day you worked from home, up to a maximum of $400.

In Quebec, the equivalent forms are the TP-64.3-V (Employment Expenses) and the TP-59.S-V (Expenses Related To Working Remotely Because of the COVID-19 pandemic).

Please visit the TurboTax FAQs page, for more information: T777 Tax Form: Statement of Employment Expenses

T777-s Statement of Employment Expenses for Working at Home Due to COVID-19

Everything You Need to Know About the T2200 Form and Employment Expenses

T2200s Declaration of Conditions of Employment for Working at Home Due to COVID-19

Revenu Québec: Response to COVID-19 and Taxes

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.