Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the definition of "Adjusted cost base"? Do I have to calculate the "Proceeds of disposition" from USD figures to CDN figures.?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What is the definition of "Adjusted cost base"? Do I have to calculate the "Proceeds of disposition" from USD figures to CDN figures.?

All calculations are reported in CDN$ based on the bank rate at the time of the transaction.

Adjusted Cost Base is the original purchase price plus legal costs at the time of purchase (plus any major renovations not deducted as expenses in any given year),

Proceeds of disposition is usually, the amount you received or will receive for your property. In most cases, it refers to the sale price of the property. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

All calculations are reported in CDN$ based on the bank rate at the time of the transaction.

Adjusted Cost Base is the original purchase price plus legal costs at the time of purchase (plus any major renovations not deducted as expenses in any given year),

Proceeds of disposition is usually, the amount you received or will receive for your property. In most cases, it refers to the sale price of the property.