Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhanu009

What should I do, mentioned that I had moving expenses on my 2023 return, I have the receipts for temporary and flights. but in both place i paid rent in cash, no lease?

I have those payments on my bank statements but no lease agreement? How should I mention them when submitting the documents along with T1-M form?
1 Reply

What should I do, mentioned that I had moving expenses on my 2023 return, I have the receipts for temporary and flights. but in both place i paid rent in cash, no lease?

The lease agreement that the CRA speaks of is if you were renting a home and signed a lease and had to break it to move. If this wasn't what you did, then you don't need this. If you needed to live in a hotel or elsewhere for a day or two before you got into your new place, then you would need to show the receipts, or you could show a copy of your payment and write beside it what it was for. THe CRA will determine what you can or cannot claim. If you have any specific question, we suggest to reach out to them at  1 (800) 959-8281.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.