Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you enter owner's contributions ( start up cash) that hasn't been paid back by the business? Does this go on the T2125 somewhere? Is it Cap. Cont. line 9933 ?

My husband and I started a business in June of 2017.  We are both partners in the business, however I contributed over $15 000 to start the business, of my personal money.  Where do I enter this on the T2125 form?  The business did okay for the first year, but did not pay back any of the money I contributed. The money was used to purchase a truck, equipment etc, which we listed on the T2125 as assets.

Please let me know if I can include the $15 000 somewhere as a claim against the business- I'm not charging interest, rather a good faith loan to the business:)

1 Reply

Where do you enter owner's contributions ( start up cash) that hasn't been paid back by the business? Does this go on the T2125 somewhere? Is it Cap. Cont. line 9933 ?

Yes line 9933.

Please note: this will not make any difference to your tax return, this is more or less for your own record keeping.