Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you enter your independent contractor deductions for turbotax self employed 2017 such as car insurance, gas, mileage, cell phone etc? was not asked for these.

3 Replies

Where do you enter your independent contractor deductions for turbotax self employed 2017 such as car insurance, gas, mileage, cell phone etc? was not asked for these.

Click on the "income' tab

select "Self-employed- business or professional"

Check mark "ProfessionalCommission, and/or Other type of business" and continue through the screens.

When i do this, as i have several times, it does not ask me abkut theseexpenses in the deductions tab. This answer is not helpful

It is NOT in the deductions tab. You follow the self-employed screens. Each screen ask for different information. You have to say yes to having motor vehicle expenses for them to show up.