Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
contact5

My wife owns her own business, but most of the expenses come from my bank account which is connected to hers as well. In this case, can she still claim the expense?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My wife owns her own business, but most of the expenses come from my bank account which is connected to hers as well. In this case, can she still claim the expense?

Yes, regardless of where the money came from if your spouse had all of her receipts,  she is able to claim the expenses.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Yes, regardless of where the money came from if your spouse had all of her receipts,  she is able to claim the expenses.

contact5

Thank you so much. Just to clarify, I used my own debit / credit card to purchase her goods, gas, etc., so everything is under my name. Even then I can still claim it as her expense, correct? Also, she owns the business 100% and my name is only in business registry as the person of contact.

Yes