Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-int import error

1099-int forms are included in the free version of turbo tax. When I imported a 1099-int form into TurboTax, some of the information did not copy over correctly (I was using the online version). After importing the document into my tax return, Turbotax checked a box stating I had foreign accounts when my account is not foreign nor do I have any foreign accounts in general, and filed my form as a a different 1099 form subtype. I kept trying to correct this issue but the site would not let me and kept saying I needed turbotax deluxe in order to complete my taxes. Customer service took so long to get back to me that I had to file my taxes anyway to get them complete by the deadline. So TurboTax has my tax info incorrect AND misled a customer into buying an unnecessary product. I'm submitting this so people can report to Turbotax that the import system for 1099 forms is not always accurate!!

1 Reply

1099-int import error

This is the support site for the Canadian TurboTax. For assistance with U.S. taxes and U.S. versions of TurboTax, please visit the website for TurboTax USA.