Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 return; in the profile/ contact details selected "I am disabled". Saved. But line 316 shows $0.00. There is supposed to be an entry for $8,235. What do I need to do?

I just asked this question, but it seemed like the person who replied did not read the question. They told me to mark myself as Disabled. Well, ... as per my question, I have marked myself as disabled, then I saved the return, and then I printed to pdf, but line 316 still says $00. What am I doing wrong.   

1 Reply

2018 return; in the profile/ contact details selected "I am disabled". Saved. But line 316 shows $0.00. There is supposed to be an entry for $8,235. What do I need to do?

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download version, in order for the Disability Tax Credit (DTC) to correctly show up on your tax return, you'll need to answer a few more questions beyond that first one.

From the sidebar of your TurboTax program:

• Click on Deductions & Credits
  • Disability Amount
  • Then be sure those four questions on titled Disability Amount are answered correctly.

I've attached a screenshot showing how they need to be answered in order to qualify for the DTC.