Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i amend the figure shown for pension income on my return?

5 Replies

Per the CRA; You can request a change to your tax return by amending specific line(s) of your return.

You must wait until you have received your Notice of Assessment before submitting any adjustment requests. This is important for a couple of reasons. First, an early adjustment request may lead to unnecessary delays in processing time for both the original return and the adjustment. Secondly, CRA may adjust your original return for you. For example, if you’ve forgotten to include unused tuition to your return, CRA has those figures and may add the amounts to your return directly.

If you receive a larger pension than your spouse or common-law partner, it may be beneficial to split the income with your spouse or common-law partner. Here is an article to understand pension income splitting if you are a senior.

Mesaboy41

I entered @$28.95 oin Line 119, but it is showing up  on the return as $86.85   (3 times the correct  amount)  How can I change this?  When I now go to line 119 it is blank.

dad got tax assement back the pension amount got double how can i refile

Robyn115
Returning Member

I have this problem, my old age pension got doubled. How can I refile, I have received a Notice of Adjustment.