Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdayman

My teen works PT & also receives the CPP Child Benefit.Does he have to report the T4A(P) on his income tax? If he reports it, he goes from a refund of $225 to owing $220!

2 Replies

My teen works PT & also receives the CPP Child Benefit.Does he have to report the T4A(P) on his income tax? If he reports it, he goes from a refund of $225 to owing $220!

If he is filing a tax return for himself, then he needs to put all the slips he has received on his return. If he doesn’t, the CRA will likely just add it back themselves, as they have all the T-Slips on file already.

woronw
Returning Member

I have two daughters, both are receiving CPP child benefits.  Would I be able to designate the oldest child to claim the income of the CPP benefits for her sister also?  That way, I can claim one of them as a dependent since I am a single mother.  

My youngest had a summer job made less than $1000, and she got taxes deducted from her income.  If  she file income tax return get her to get taxes refund, would I still be able to include her as a dependent?