Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I still use my graduate retention program credit if I don't have any tuition carry over amounts?

My Notice of assessment says, I Can use 2000 on this year's return. But when I try to enter into turboturx, it makes me add eligible tuition amounts in order to use the credit. But I don't have any tuition amounts for this year. And I don't have any to carry forward. Does that mean I do not still get to use? Graduate retention credit.
4 Replies

Can I still use my graduate retention program credit if I don't have any tuition carry over amounts?

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

I am using the online option

I'm using the online option

Yes, you should still be able to apply for the Graduate retention credit even if you didn't have tuition fees for 2023. Just don't select or enter anything in part 2.