Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trade1

Can't fix error "You have entered information for the federal tuition and education amounts"?

When I review my return, I keep getting this error. $0 is the correct amount, but it still flags as an error with no obvious way to fix it.

4 Replies

Can't fix error "You have entered information for the federal tuition and education amounts"?

If it is a “Warning”, and not an actual “Error”, if the information is correct, you can choose to ignore it.

If you had tuition form a T2202A or TL11 slip, you can also double check that you have entered everything correctly on that page. It would be under Deductions & Credits > Students > T2202A summary, and then edit your T2202A. The bottom portion will have the section for the provincial portion of the tuition fees.

trade1

No, it is not a warning, it's being flagged as an error by turbotax and it will not let me do netfile because of the error. I have an T2202A and it has been entered correctly.
trade1

I figured it out. My T2202A has 8 months listed for B, but you cannot enter more than 4 in turbo tax, otherwise you get an error.

Please make sure that you have the latest update applied. Here are the links to the update files for TurboTax CD/Download: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2868252

If you are still unable to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support as they will be better able to assist you (*Not available for TurboTax Free users*). https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013