Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The system says that I need to upgrade for RRSP contributions, but I don't have any and entered 'no' for that - and it says "none" there. I also have only T3 and T3 slips

I am a non-resident, married, and have only T3 and T5 slips, no RRSP contributions, yet when I click on that, it says that I have to upgrade due to :

You told us you have one or more of the following:

• Income or deductions not reported on a slip.
  • RRSP contributions.

TurboTax Free doesn't cover your situation or support the forms needed to report this.

You must upgrade to TurboTax Standard to complete your tax return.

I don't understand why?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The system says that I need to upgrade for RRSP contributions, but I don't have any and entered 'no' for that - and it says "none" there. I also have only T3 and T3 slips

Check to make sure you didn't just "uncheck boxes" to remove the questions from the return. Go back and check off any boxes you previously unchecked, to see if any sub menus boxes still remain checked. In most cases we find that users do this, and forget to remove all check marks that were added.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jaggme

I have no rrsp or deductios not reported
jaggme

i see no reason to upgrade  to standard
 as I hve always used general T1

Check to make sure you didn't just "uncheck boxes" to remove the questions from the return. Go back and check off any boxes you previously unchecked, to see if any sub menus boxes still remain checked. In most cases we find that users do this, and forget to remove all check marks that were added.