Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TriciaMC

Claiming sports credit NS

I click into Dependents and double click on the sports credit but then it won't let me enter any amount into the boxes. I have also had issues with checking off any of the options of language, foreign property, elections canada, etc. I have the desktop version downloaded from the website and it is fully updated as of this morning.

7 Replies

Even if you are using Download software, please clear your cache/cookies, sign out of your return then restart your computer.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

TriciaMC

That did not fix the issue. I still cannot type anything in the window that pops up.

Are you using the Easy Steps mode or the Forms View mode?

TriciaMC

I am using the forms method. 

We have verified and you will be able to enter it in Easy Steps by going in the menu on the left and clicking on Dependants profile and click YES then Continue. On the next screen highlight your dependant's name and click on Enter Dependant Credits. Now click by the credit then Continue. On the next screen you will enter your information then Continue.

TriciaMC

If I start to go through the EasySteps method is it going to erase everything I have entered up to this point?

I started to use EasySteps, got to the dependents screen, and it seems to ask me nothing about entering credits. I have the option to enter their income or edit their information. I click on their name and nothing else pops up. My options are "Enter New Dependent" or "Done With Dependents". I do not seem to be able to get to a "Enter Dependent Credits" option.

To claim the Children's Sports and Arts tax credit (provincial credit only) for your child, follow these steps:

1. In EasySteps, go to the left-hand side menu and click on Introduction.
2. Scroll down to dependants and check if your child(ren) is/are listed there.
3. If yes, go back to the left-hand side menu and click on Deduction & Credits.
4. Click on Dependants Profile and you will be taken to the Claims for Dependants page.
5. Click on "YES" below "Would you like to review or claim any of these credits?".
6. You will see your child(ren) listed below. Click on your child's name to highlight it and then click on "Enter Dependants Credits".
7. You will be taken to the page "Claim Dependant Credits for (your child's name)".
8. Check off the box beside "Children's Sports and Arts tax credit (provincial credit only)" and click on "Continue".
9. You will now be asked to enter the required information.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. 

Thank you for using TurboTax.