Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does CRA auto-fill fills up my contribution to employer GROUP RRSP or I have to enter the info manually. RRSP Drop down menu does not show period Jan-Feb of 2023?

RRSP contribution option shows only two periods. March to Dec 2023 and Jan to Feb 2024. How to include Jan to Feb 2023 contribution to make it for entire calendar year of 2023?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Does CRA auto-fill fills up my contribution to employer GROUP RRSP or I have to enter the info manually. RRSP Drop down menu does not show period Jan-Feb of 2023?

If your contributions are on a T slip, then they will be auto-filled by the CRA. If they are not, then you should get a contribution receipt which you would have to enter in manually. 

Contribution made in the first 60 days of 2023 are for tax year 2022, so you would need to enter them on your 2022 return. 

You can use Refile to add the RRSP contribution to your 2022 return. This FAQ tells you how: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/turbotax-support/en-ca/help-article/accounting-bookkeeping/file...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If your contributions are on a T slip, then they will be auto-filled by the CRA. If they are not, then you should get a contribution receipt which you would have to enter in manually. 

Contribution made in the first 60 days of 2023 are for tax year 2022, so you would need to enter them on your 2022 return. 

You can use Refile to add the RRSP contribution to your 2022 return. This FAQ tells you how: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/turbotax-support/en-ca/help-article/accounting-bookkeeping/file...

Thanks a lot for the explanation. I see similar amount in Box 52 but assuming that it's the employer's contribution which is exactly 100% and about which I am assuming I do not need to do anything. If my contribution on T4 then it could be under which box.

Also for changes in 2022 return to incorporate the previously missed Jan-Feb 23 contributions, do I need to re file or just submit schedule 7. Any guidance would be highly appreciated!

Yes, Box 52 on the T4 is The pension adjustment (PA) amount  which is the value of the benefits you earned in 2023 under your employer's registered pension plans (RPP) and deferred profit sharing plans (DPSP), and possibly some unregistered retirement plans or arrangements.

If you do a Refile it will send the schedule 7 to the CRA online, with your changes.