Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my sons tax return have to be processed by the government before I can file my return that includes a transfer of his tuition and education credits?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Does my sons tax return have to be processed by the government before I can file my return that includes a transfer of his tuition and education credits?

Thank you for your question.

His will need to be prepared, to give you the information you need, to complete yours, as his net income will affect the transfer . Your son's return does not need to be assessed/filed before you file, but make sure that it gets filed and that you keep a copy of the T2202A, in your files.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Thank you for your question.

His will need to be prepared, to give you the information you need, to complete yours, as his net income will affect the transfer . Your son's return does not need to be assessed/filed before you file, but make sure that it gets filed and that you keep a copy of the T2202A, in your files.