Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

During review, the program keeps saying that the number of months for CPP has not been entered. I keep entering it and the warning keeps coming up. How do I fix this?

3 Replies

During review, the program keeps saying that the number of months for CPP has not been entered. I keep entering it and the warning keeps coming up. How do I fix this?

This message will appear if you have entered the "months" in the wrong box for the type of benefits you are receiving. You will need to go back to the T4A(P) - Canada Pension Plan Benefits slip page and ensure your entries are correct.

To do this:

• Go to the Income Tab
  • Select T-Slips, then T4A(P) from the dropdown menus.
  • Choose to EDIT that slip from the page titled T4A(P) - Summary
  • Make sure you have only entered your 12 months once, in the box that applies to your situation.
    • Box 21 if you have an amount in Box 21 for Disability Benefits
    • Box 23 if you have an amount in Box 14 for Retirement Benefits

This should remove your "Error" message and you should be able to NetFile your return.

dallyn0122
Returning Member

I tried everything deleted and reenter and still say fix error due to months not added and it is included

dallyn0122
Returning Member

I have done it and it is correct