Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ausunier

Education Tax credit (for rent) not working. I've put in all the info but the credit doesn't take. Help?

3 Replies

Education Tax credit (for rent) not working. I've put in all the info but the credit doesn't take. Help?

After entering your information for the Manitoba Education Property Tax Credit, you should see the amount of your credit in the Provincial section of TurboTax Online. Go to Provincial > Provincial Tax Summary, and look under "What tax credits did you claim?" You should see an amount under Net education property and school tax credit for homeowners.

If no amount is shown here after entering the information, check to make sure you have not entered an "Advance Payment" amount by mistake, as shown in the screenshot. 

I am having problems getting past an error code. I entered my Manitoba Property tax amount paid in 2020, we did NOT receive a School Tax Credit. I entered No and 0.00 but it creates an error. I can't Netfile because of this. It must be a glitch and there is no other Program update. 

Debbong
Returning Member

When trying to netfile it indicates an error with the Manitoba property tax credit. We did not receive an advance.on line 61140 line 22 it says enter zero if you did not receive an advance. The field shows 0.00 but program doesn’t seem to recognize it. Therefore it won’t let me netfile. Appears to be a program error that needs to be fixed. How do I get past this. I see someone else has indicated the same problem.