Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lowenpe

Entering unused RRSP contributions from line B of your 2023 RRSP Deduction... produces odd results. If I enter an amount, the refund is $10,000 higher than if I enter $0

7 Replies

Entering unused RRSP contributions from line B of your 2023 RRSP Deduction... produces odd results. If I enter an amount, the refund is $10,000 higher than if I enter $0

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

lowenpe

Using the Turbo Tax CD.Download

Can you possibly take a picture or screenshot of where you are at when you enter the unused amount which makes your refund go so high?

lowenpe

TurboTax Defect 24-02-21.jpegThe first photo shows the refund with no Unused RRSP entered and the second photo shows the refund amount with the Unused amount entered and the screen accepted so that the refund amount is recalculated. 

It looks like it is trying to take a deduction of the full $70,000. If you enter an amount to carry forward, does it lower the refund?

lowenpe

Yes, the amount entered directly impacts the Tax Refund, so, if $1,000 is entered in the Unused RRSP/PRPP contribution amount the refund is less than if a greater amount is entered.

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.