Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmapersi

Getting an audit risk of tuition amount exceeding $5000 . However I did not attend school nor place anything in my tuition section?

3 Replies

Getting an audit risk of tuition amount exceeding $5000 . However I did not attend school nor place anything in my tuition section?

Check the Student section of your return (Deductions - Students) for tuition amounts. If you have used Auto-fill my return, leftover credits may have been imported automatically.

emmapersi

Does this mena i can claim them even though I am not a student ? Or no I would not be able to claim them ?

If you attended school in a previous year and have unused tuition amounts, you can claim these amounts. You can view your carried forward tuition amounts in your CRA My Account. If you do not have unused amounts listed in your CRA My Account, remove these entries.