Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I claim the new Nova Scotia Sports and Arts Refundable Tax Credit? It is not listed in the options for provincial tax credits.

As referenced here in a locked thread:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/seniors-students/discussion/how-do-i-claim-the-new-no...

I just got off the phone with support and was able to resolve my issue; I didn't know how to reply to let other people know how the issue was resolved so I'm just putting a new post in.

Things I confirmed: My kids' ages were correct. It did appear as though setting one or another as a student affected how they were displayed in the warnings section at the end; but ultimately you still couldn't navigate to the correct place to edit more than one kid.

No, the thing that lead me to where I wanted to go was:

Claims for Dependants -> Claims for Dependants Intro

Would you like to review or claim any of these credits? YES

So the issue here is that the credit is not listed in the list above, but you have to say yes anyway. Even though it also clearly says "Note: Children’s fitness and arts tax credits vary by province. If they are available in your province, you’ll be able to enter these amounts later."

You still need to say yes.

Then when you click on "Enter Credit Info" for each kid the NS sports/arts refundable credit should be there under "Children's sports and arts tax (provincial credit only)".

So -- I hope it's okay that I'm posting a question and also giving an answer to it myself right away.

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 4.18.26 PM.png

1 Reply

How do I claim the new Nova Scotia Sports and Arts Refundable Tax Credit? It is not listed in the options for provincial tax credits.

Thank you for the update. We do appreciate your feedback and help in the community.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.