Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close the form TP-80 (there is no income to be reported) to make the file eligible for NETFILE?

The form TP-80 is completely empty, but I cannot clese it.
7 Replies

How to close the form TP-80 (there is no income to be reported) to make the file eligible for NETFILE?

In Forms mode, go to the TP-80, and select Edit>Forms>Close Unused Forms.

RTherrien

I have tried to close the form while in TP-80 schedule using [product key removed] unused forms

It does not work

Any suggestion since cannot send through Netfile

@RTherrien Please try closing the T2125 first. In Forms mode, go to the T2125, select Edit>Forms>Clear Current Form, and then Edit>Forms>Close Unused Forms. Then repeat for the TP-80, and Schedule L.

RTherrien

Worked very well - many thanks

RTherrien

Oups, on a second try, your methodology isn't working anymore 

Here's the "FIX" message I get when reviewing:

"A business form is opened (TP-80) but there is no business income and/or line 110 or 126 are negative"

This is puzzling

Can you please try just closing your return, reopening it, and then opening the TP80 and trying again? Just try the Edit- Form- Close unused forms.  Then click on the forms on the bottom and see if the TP80 is still on the list.

Please verify if there is a T2125 and a Schedule L which are there also. Thank you.

RTherrien

Fixed - Thanks again