Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zzhou103

I am 2023 net Income is 35000, I have a common-law partner is full time student who net income is 2500. am i able to apply for CWB?

1 Reply

I am 2023 net Income is 35000, I have a common-law partner is full time student who net income is 2500. am i able to apply for CWB?

To receive the Canada Workers Benefit, you need to be a Canadian resident aged 19 or older for the full calendar year you’re filing. (However, there is no age restriction if you live with your spouse/partner or child.) You also must be paying taxes and earning an income that’s below the net income set for your province or territory of residence

You’re not eligible if you are a full-time student at a designated educational institution (unless you have an eligible dependant) or an officer or servant of another country (a diplomat, for example), or if you’re a family member or employee of that person. You also don’t qualify if you’ve been incarcerated for at least 90 days during the year. 

Please read this TurboTax article which will help you: How to Apply for the Canada Workers Benefit.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.