Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am only entering employment income and RRSP receipts but I keep getting a pop up I NEED to upgrade, but I don't. What's going on?

I have nothing else to enter.  I only have 2 receipts.  1 for Employment and 1 for RRSP contribution. I have re-started twice to make sure I didn't click the wrong thing and Ive selected only these 2 items.
1 Reply

I am only entering employment income and RRSP receipts but I keep getting a pop up I NEED to upgrade, but I don't. What's going on?

This year, TurboTax is taking extra steps to ensure that Canadians have access to the features that will help them get the best tax outcome by broadening its product lineup and directing users to the version of TurboTax that aligns with their tax situation. We’ve expanded our lineup and tailored each version of TurboTax to address the complexity of various levels of filers. This year, when you file with TurboTax, you will be directed to the version that best suits your needs based on complexity, to ensure you are getting the best possible tax outcome for the best value. 

Please see our TurboTax FAQ for more information Why did I have to upgrade my TurboTax Online edition?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.