Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsnjbfile

I am retired with no employment earnings, but TurboTax shows that I earned 999.00. Where did this figure come from and is it an error?

I cannot find any reference to this number in the income section of turbotax
2 Replies

I am retired with no employment earnings, but TurboTax shows that I earned 999.00. Where did this figure come from and is it an error?

The most common reason for retired persons to see an amount added as Other Employment Income on Line 10400 is: 

• You received a T4A - Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity and Other Income with an amount in Box 118 - Medical Premium Benefits,
  • or Box 119 - Group Term Life Insurance Premiums, they will show up on Line 104 of your tax return as "Other Employment Income". 

For a complete list of amounts that may be included on this line, please see this CRA information: Line 10400 - Other employment income

lyndesltd

My wife is not retired, does not have a T4A or any other income but still a ridiculous amount of $99.90 appears on line 104. Have spoken to Turbotax but they have no idea how it got there. CRA also have no record of it. This error cost me $23.59 in additional tax. Turbotax should reimburse me.