Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I came to Canada around 1 year now, and I have been working as a contractor. Can Turbotax finish all the steps for me even I don't have CCP, EI, tax slips?

The company was going to move the office from Hong Kong to Canada, and I was the first employee here, but somehow they failed their business. And, they didn't not deduct any income tax, cpp, ei from the monthly salary, and i do not have any tax slips as well. I wonder can I just use TurboTax rights the way, and even pay those taxes that I have not paid yet?
1 Reply

I came to Canada around 1 year now, and I have been working as a contractor. Can Turbotax finish all the steps for me even I don't have CCP, EI, tax slips?

Do you have a CRA My Account login? Because if you don't have the slips yourself, you would need to use Auto-Fill to import that information. If you don't have a My Account login, then you will have to get the tax slips from your employer.

If the company you worked for didn't submit slips to the CRA or make any slips at all, then you will need to contact the CRA to see how you need to proceed. If you are unsure of your residency status, you will need to contact the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and confirm it with them. If you are outside of Canada, you can call the CRA at 613-940-8495. This page has more ways to contact the CRA: Contact the Canada Revenue Agency