Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can claim the amount I pay on my paycheque every month for benefits on my taxes? If so do I just take the montly amount and times it by 12 (months)?

2 Replies

I can claim the amount I pay on my paycheque every month for benefits on my taxes? If so do I just take the montly amount and times it by 12 (months)?

What type of benefits are you referring to? Are they Medical or Dental Benefits? Life Insurance or Wage Loss Replacement plans?

If you are paying Private Health Service Plan premiums (PHSP or Extended Medical Dental), you can claim the premiums you paid as a Medical Expense. 

Usually your employer includes these benefits in Box 85 of your T4 and it is entered on the T4 screen only. If you do not have a Box 85 on that T4, and your employer is deducting the premiums from your paycheque and submitting them on your behalf, then you can total them up and enter them in the Medical Expense Profile.