Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmharmony

I did not receive OAS in 2016 because I was working all year, I was not retired. Why won't it accept no as my answer?

Yes, I turned 65 in November 2016 but I was working the whole yer so obviously did not receive OAS.  It will not accept 'NO" as my answer.  Keeps coming up as in issue to fix?  How do I get past this?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I did not receive OAS in 2016 because I was working all year, I was not retired. Why won't it accept no as my answer?

In order to work around the issue with the OAS question that keeps appearing because you turned 65 in 2016, please select Yes to receiving it and enter a value of 1 cent as the income.  It will not have any tax consequence on the outcome of your income tax return.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

In order to work around the issue with the OAS question that keeps appearing because you turned 65 in 2016, please select Yes to receiving it and enter a value of 1 cent as the income.  It will not have any tax consequence on the outcome of your income tax return.

pogiok

where do you enter the value of 1 cent in turbo tax
pogiok

got message from CRA...re: OAS...need to indicate in software no OAS received ..pls help on hhow to do this in TurboTax Free 2016

If you like me did not apply for oas CRA cannot accept any oas amount as they have no T slip to compare it to.  I talked to Cra and that was there answer because you are not receiving it.  Turbo tax needs to either allow a no response or have a differed button.
TryMyBest

When the software gives me an error, and I press the "Fix" button, it prompts me the question if I received T4A (OAS) and I answer "No". It does the trick. Hope it helps. Thanks!