Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodneyg52

I enter my wifes disability benefit from t4ap 10,640.64 but shows 19671.00 on her total income

Disability is her only income...but it almost shows double on her net income
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I enter my wifes disability benefit from t4ap 10,640.64 but shows 19671.00 on her total income

Ensure no duplicate information has been recorded for any Income entries. You can check this by navigating the the beginning of the Income section and clicking through each screen. Slips recorded will show on the Summary screen for each type of slip entered. You may delete any incorrect or duplicate entries from the Summary screen.

You may also view details of income entries on her detailed tax summary (Review tab> Bottom line tax summary. On the bottom line tax summary screen, select Detailed tax summary.)

If you have split any pension income with your wife, her total income will reflect these amounts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Ensure no duplicate information has been recorded for any Income entries. You can check this by navigating the the beginning of the Income section and clicking through each screen. Slips recorded will show on the Summary screen for each type of slip entered. You may delete any incorrect or duplicate entries from the Summary screen.

You may also view details of income entries on her detailed tax summary (Review tab> Bottom line tax summary. On the bottom line tax summary screen, select Detailed tax summary.)

If you have split any pension income with your wife, her total income will reflect these amounts.