Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I entered my CPP in the wrong field and it generated as self employed. Made the correction but the app forced me to fill a firm for Ontario Business.

Hiw di I remove this form from my claim
1 Reply

I entered my CPP in the wrong field and it generated as self employed. Made the correction but the app forced me to fill a firm for Ontario Business.

If you've entered an amount from any of the boxes on the slips listed here, you have what the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) considers to be self-employment or business income:

T4 slip: box 81, 82 or 83
T4A slip: box 20 or 48
T4A slip: box 28 and you selected Yes to the question Does the income declared in Box 028 consist of fees collected for services you provided? in TurboTax Online (needs to say NO to indicate no self-employment)
T3 slip: box 24 (foreign business income)

If you have an amount in any of these boxes, TurboTax will ask additional questions to report the income as self-employment/business income.

One that would be easily overlooked. When entering the amount on box 28 for the T4A, there are two (2) Box 28s. It can accidentally be entered into the wrong Box 28. This entry error triggers the warning that states there is self-employment income. Once the value is entered into the other Box 28, the warning during the review is removed.

You can find the T-slip by going into the menu on the left side and clicking on Income then T-slips then choosing the information slip you need to make changes on. You will click Edit and make your change to then click on Done to save your changes.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.