Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have commission income from a T4A (LINE 13900). How do I get Turbo Tax to calculate CPP on self-employment earnings?

5 Replies

I have commission income from a T4A (LINE 13900). How do I get Turbo Tax to calculate CPP on self-employment earnings?

Self-employed taxpayers are responsible for their own CPP contributions (both the employee's portion as well as the employer's). The calculation is done automatically by TurboTax based on your net self-employment income figures. Once you have finished your return, you can view the exact calculation on Schedule 8 of your PDF copy.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Hi Ginette.  Turbo Tax is not automatically calculating this.  The Schedule 8 is showing zeroes in all fields.

I am a real estate agent that got a T4A (box 20 commission income), and have filled out all my expenses, but the income amount doesn't transfer to Schedule 8

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I contacted by phone, and they could not solve it.  I was supposed to get a call back the next day, but did not get one.

A callback has been created and should be answered in the next few days.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.