Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have pr. I am not Canadian citizenship. Bt there have no option for permanent residence. So what should I put.?

4 Replies

I have pr. I am not Canadian citizenship. Bt there have no option for permanent residence. So what should I put.?

You would put that you are a Canadian resident, and then later you would answer that you are not a citizen.

I don’t understand..what you are talking about it’s confused me.? & I am Canadian resident. I ask qus for my friend.? 

Citizenship and residence are two different things. On one page you are asked if you are a resident, then on another page you are asked if you are a citizen. So if you are a permanent resident, but not a citizen, you would answer that Canadian resident to that question. Then later you would answer that you are not a citizen when that question is asked.

Actually it drives me crazy. I don't understand what you are talking about. I think my question was wrong. Or I don't understand the question answer. I think I made a mistake. I want to know something else. My qus meaning maybe something else that I can't explain. I try to find other types of qus. It wasn't so just ignore it. thank you.