Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The amount you designate for transfer to an RRSP/PRPP cannot be greater than the eligible income reported for transfer.

The only box I have checked is "Made RRSP contribution during 2015 or the first 60 days of 2016".  The transfer box is unchecked.  However when I get to the RRSP summary page, it says

Total RRSP contribution.   400
Transfers to RRSPs   400

Deduction limit    37,000
2015 RRSP deduction  400

Not sure why it says transfers to RRSP if the box is unchecked.

I get the error when I go to NETFILE. It says I have to fix it first.

The amount you designate for transfer to an RRSP/PRPP cannot be greater than the eligible income reported for transfer.

Put a check mark in the box under RRSP Profile "Transfers.." and review any entries there.

It was pre populated with $2000 for some reason.  Which shouldn't matter if the transfer box is not checked.... I never had a reason to go into there before.    But I put $0 and unchecked the transfer box, and it has corrected itself.   Wow.  That was a pain and a half.  Thank you so much for your help.
apolon18

I have the same error message while going to NETFILE.
I have 29000 dedaction limit and 5000 RRSP for 2016 and first 60 days of 2017.
I have no box for "Transfers ..."
How can I NETFILE, please?
apolon18

Its done, I found the mistake. Thank you.

Thank you for updating your issue. If you care to share the required correction it may assist other users this tax season with a similar problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience, glad to have helped you solve it in the end.